very sad
I burned dinner. That makes me sad, for many reasons.
First, I never mess up dinner. Especially not two pounds of meat. Second, Morgan was looking forward to dinner so much. It was to be pot roast, his favorite meal. Third, I used yummy wine in it.
Here's what happened,
I sauteed the onions, set them aside, seared the meat, added the broth/wine/herbs/onions. Then I set it on medium to bubble for about an hour. Thirty minutes later, I get up to check on it and find that there is no liquid left in the pan and the roast is a hockey puck.
I never do this!
Now I need to figure out something else for dinner and tell morgan he can't have pot roast.
or can he? I just remembered I have a big thing of stew meat...
maybe?
::sigh:: so sad...
2 commenting on my life:
So did you rescue dinner or did you go hungry?
could you saw it up and make stew? Seems like there should be some way to save it. Of course, it's a bit late to have that flash of brilliance now, eh?
Post a Comment