The Pot Roast
After I blogged, twittered, and changed my myspace status to reflect the demise of the pot roast, after I have been asked by not fewer than 4 people about the conclusion of my dissapointment, I will provide the final act.
I returned to the kitchen after about an hour to determine what could be saved. I cut open the potroast and although the outside was 'overcooked', it wasn't burned. The onions, which I thought were burned and had no liquid had the tiniest amount of liquid left and their dark brown color was because of the beef broth and red wine. So, I cut apart the pot roast, added more water to the onions, and decided to give it a try. I brought it back to a simmer, and when Morgan walked in the door I added the potatoes and rutabagas. Once they were soft I thickened the broth with some flour. We scooped the hot mixture of beef falling to pieces and soft potatoes and rutabagas with a thick gravy over a slice of bread topped with chopped kale (we needed some greens).
It was very good.
I haven't lost my touch.
0 commenting on my life:
Post a Comment