23 February 2007

expression, responsibility, censorship, and

I was going to do a blog about the "Rape Only Hurts If You Fight It" article written by CCSU student John Petroski and published as an Op/Ed at his school newspaper. I was going to outline the nuances between the

  • freedom to express a personal opinion (exercised by the author and the newspaper)
  • the freedom to say one does not like the opinion expressed(exercised by the gathering student body and hordes of internetters)
  • the responsibility to represent the school professionally (ignored by the author and the newspaper, offending the university and the student body)
  • and the need to treat subject matter properly (ignored by the author and the newspaper, offending the many who have been affected by rape).
I was going to draw in the Journalist's Code of Ethics and the Newspaper Editor's Code of Ethics. But, I think that I just did that, and new topics have been brought to my attention that I would rather spend the blog space on.

..
more later

1 commenting on my life:

Betel said...

Just wanted to let you know that your Visual DNA thingy (although cool, wonder where you could've found that? *wink wink*) overlaps your top post(s). Not a problem right now since I've read them both, but next time you update, I won't be able to read it all. *pout*
-Betel